The choice to not purchase any extra charcoal has been made.
Three of the 5 barbecue / grilling home equipment have been put into winter storage and, immediately, when requested about grilling the hen, mon mari uttered the dreaded phrases for the primary time: You are able to do it inside.
I’ve been doing a little indoor cooking for the previous few weeks, however I believe summer season cooking is formally over now.
Properly, aside from this weekend when it’s imagined to be heat, however positively after that.
It has been a bizarre fall – to match the bizarre summer season.
So right here now we have the primary skillet dinner of the winter season.
Click on right here to Pin Sausage, Spinach, & Pasta Skillet
Sausage, Spinach, & Pasta Skillet
That is a straightforward, week-night skillet dinner for two. I preserve baggage of frozen spinach and peas within the freezer for fast winter meals.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook dinner Time: 25 minutes
- Complete Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Class: One Dish Dinners
- Technique: Skillet
- 10oz (300gr) sausage, lower into bite-size items
- 8oz (240gr) spinach, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 purple pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup (8oz, 250ml) tomato sauce
- 1 cup (8oz, 250ml) hen broth
- 1 1/4 cup (4oz, 125gr) pasta penne, rigatoni, fusilli
- Warmth oil in massive skillet over medium warmth.
- Add onion, pepper, and sauté 5 minutes.
- Add chili powder, paprika, garlic, and sauté briefly.
- Add sausage and sauté till it begins to brown, 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, spinach, oregano, broth, and stir properly.
- Add pasta, stir properly, and convey to a simmer.
- Flip warmth down if wanted, cowl and simmer quarter-hour.
- Stir often to maintain pasta from sticking, add extra broth if wanted.
- Serve from skillet.
I used frozen spinach, thawed, drained however not squeezed dry. If you happen to use contemporary spinach add 1/4 cup of water to ensure pasta has sufficient.
- Serving Dimension: 1/2 recipe
- Energy: 592
- Sugar: 11.1 g
- Sodium: 1420.1 mg
- Fats: 21.4 g
- Saturated Fats: 6 g
- Trans Fats: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 66.6 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 37.3 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 45 mg
Key phrases: sausage, spinach, pasta
One thing completely different? Rooster, Rice & Butternut Squash Skillet
For the final 10 years (or so) I’ve been giving freely winter squashes and pumpkins to anybody coming too near our home.
Even after these efforts, we had been consuming butternut squash and pumpkins properly into Feb. & March, and feeding the compost as properly.
This yr, it’s not even the tip of Oct. and we solely have a dozen or so small squash left they usually’re not retaining properly.
There shall be heaps extra spinach, in addition to different veggies in my dinners this yr. Sadly, all of these different veggies are a bit extra scarce and costly in the mean time.
I’ll be shopping for tins of tomatoes this yr, too – for the primary time in current reminiscence.