Episode 395: Why Ankylosaurus is the most effective dinosaur. Ankylosaurus is the longest, heaviest, and widest ankylosaur. However these aren’t the one particulars that make Ankylosaurus such a particular dinosaur.
You’ll be able to hearken to our free podcast, with all our episodes, on Apple Podcasts at:
Ankylosaurus is the longest, heaviest, and widest ankylosaur. However these aren’t the one particulars that make Ankylosaurus such a particular dinosaur.
A number of the papers we cowl that we didn’t talk about again in Episode 5:
- Authentic paper describing Ankylosaurus & Ankylosauridae by Barnum Brown from 1908 supply
- How ankylosaurid tails developed by Arbour & Currie supply
- Ankylosaurid tail posture, membership sizes, and makes use of by Coombs (together with the shin bashing & head butting hypotheses) supply
- Redescription of Ankylosaurus by Arbour & Mallon with its general tank-like proportions supply
This episode is dropped at you partly by Varsity Tutors. Varsity Tutors gives one-week-long, small group camps on enjoyable, academic subjects. Youngsters get all the advantages of summer season camp from the comfort of house. Go to varsitytutors.com and use promo code IKNOWDINO at checkout to save lots of $50 on any summer season camp.
The dinosaur of the day: Aegyptosaurus
- Titanosaur sauropod that lived within the Late Cretaceous in what’s now Egypt (Bahariya Formation)
- Appeared like different sauropods, with columnar legs (walked on 4 legs), an extended tail, and an extended, thick neck with a small head
- Estimated to be 49 ft (15 m) lengthy and weigh 7 tonnes
- Tail could have helped as a counterweight for its physique
- Sort species is Aegyptosaurus baharijensis
- Genus title means “Egypt’s lizard”
- Named in 1932 by Ernst Stromer
- Holotype included three caudal vertebrae, a partial scapula, and a few limb bones
- Fossils have additionally been present in different areas within the Sahara Desert
- Fossils have been saved in Munich, however destroyed in 1944, throughout WWII
- Fragments nonetheless exist, largely from indeterminate specimens from Niger
- One of many dinosaurs featured within the documentary Misplaced Dinosaurs of Egypt
- Different animals that lived across the similar time and place embrace the sauropods Dicraeosaurus and Paralititan, theropods together with Spinosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, Bahariasaurus, Elaphrosaurus, and Sigilmassaurus, crocodyliforms, plesiosaurs, fish, crustaceans, and mollusks
Correction from Episode 5: Ankylosaurs in all probability couldn’t use their osteoderms to blush since they have been in all probability lined in keratin and never pores and skin.
Your assist means a lot to us and retains us going! When you’re a dinosaur fanatic, be a part of our rising neighborhood on Patreon at patreon.com/iknowdino